Non-contact inspection of live power equipment and apparatus
Infrared Scanning: a preventative maintenance tool for detecting heat—and potential problems—in operational equipment. Detect problems without powering down!
Infrared scanning is a popular tool used to detect potential problems in many industries including oil and gas, mining, commercial buildings and manufacturing facilities. It is an effective non-contact technique for examining power equipment and apparatuses while they are fully operational. Infrared testing causes no disruption to plant operations, eliminating costly shutdown time.
Infrared scanning services
- Electrical Switchboard Inspections
- High Voltage Switchyard and Power Line Inspections
- HV/LV Power Transformer Inspections
- Busbar Ducting Inspections
Our teams provide full, detailed reports of their findings, allowing your maintenance personnel to plan repairs or maintenance at a convenient time, with minimal impact on your operations. A typical report identifies:
- Equipment Scanned
- Hot spot problem area(s)
- Comparison images of the equipment and the scanned hot-spot
- Temperature comparison of hot spot compared to normal or reference area
- Cause of heat rise
- Phase imbalance
- Recommended solutions